Posted by Balaji Srinivasan , Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:12 PM
CELLO IS THE FIRST BROWSER FOR THE WINDOWS 3.1
"We do not currently plan on any other client software [in the upcoming release of Windows 95, especially something like Mosaic or Cello."
Cello was the only browser for the Microsoft Windows platform.
Shortly after launch,
- local browsing
- Simpler interface (compared to Mosaic).
- PostScript viewing and sound playing
- File saving and printing
- Editing support for local files via an external editor. Integration with the HTMLAssistant Windows-based HTML helper/editor.
- File caching ad infinitum using a file-based cache with user-specified "low water mark".
- Support for the full HTML and LATIN character set, including specialized legal symbols, foreign characters, etc.
- User-selectable sound players, viewers, editorComprehensive online documentation in Windows Help format.
- Simple user interface.
- Fully extensible support for viewing downloaded files in an unlimited number of PC-binary file formats using the standard Windows Associate... scheme.